Saturday 15 August 2009

08 August 2009 - Greenbank Garden

Next stop on the day trip was Greenbank Garden which as the name suggests is a garden.



This is a view from the garden back up to the house.



Close up of a flower. No idea what it is. Any suggestions?



Another part of the garden.



Butterfly.



This is part of a sculpture that was first exhibited at the Empire Exhibition in Bellahouston Park in 1938. Apparently in 1938 it also had 3 dolphins with horses heads as part of the sculpture. Nice.



Another flower close up.



Topiary snail.



Topiary owl - my new project at the cottage.



Garden.



More garden.



Playing jai alai with Amber. I learnt that I shouldn't turn my back on Amber to talk to Ange, I managed to turn back round with perfect timing to get hit smack bang in the mouth with the ball. Ouch.

No comments: